Bentleigh ANA Cricket Club recognises that children need special care and attention. As such, all Cricket organisations (including Bentleigh ANA Cricket Club) are committed to the protection and safety of children. We aim to protect the welfare of children involved in the sport of cricket by creating, implementing and complying with the following measures. In recognising the need for an emphasis to be placed on the safety of children in cricket, we are committed to:
* Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children who participate in all our club activities and ensuring that their experiences are positive;
* Ensuring children are empowered and know what behaviour is and is not acceptable;
* Ensuring children know how to report (and where to report) an incident and feel empowered to do so if they are either subject to, or become aware of, potential abuse or misconduct;
* Prioritising and addressing the concerns of children in relation to their safety;
* Undertaking thorough screening processes to reduce the risk of people with improper motives being involved in our activities;
* Communicating openly with parents of children and always ensuring safety of Children is paramount.
We will, in addition to the above, also take reasonable steps to promote the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as promoting the safety of children with a disability.
Bentleigh ANA Cricket Club has adopted Australian Cricket's policy for Safeguarding children and young people. This is a national policy adopted by all state and territory cricket associations and clubs. Our aim is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for all children and young people.
Prior to the start of each season, Bentleigh ANA Cricket Club holds a meeting of the Club Committee and formally adopts the Australian Cricket's policy for Safeguarding Children and Young People and, appoints a Child Safety Officer. The minutes of this meeting are included with the documents below. Our aim is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for all children and young people.
The Australian Cricket’s policy for is a national policy adopted by all state and territory cricket associations and clubs. In compliance with our responsibilities under this policy we make available for download the following documents:
All documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF).